Langford works with participants to live in accommodation with ongoing support to meet their needs and help to reach their goals.
Everyone needs something different at home; some people like to share their home with others, other people like to live alone, and some people like to live in the city or the country. We work with participants to understand what is important about home for them and so we can provide accommodation which helps them live life their way.
Benjamin Court in South Hobart offers a safe and peaceful environment for Supported Independent Living (SIL) with shared support staff on-site. Located on Cascade Road, the complex of seven shared units is directly adjacent St Johns Hospital and just a short walk to the Hobart Rivulet and local shops.
Participants have support with all daily living activities, meal preparation and cooking, personal care and hygiene, attending medical appointments, basic financial support, and administering medication. There is a shared vehicle for participants with transport funding and to participate with community activities including day support. Bus stops are located directly outside for easy access to the CBD and back.
Each shared unit has its own kitchen, bathroom, lounge, and dining area. All units are accessible either by ground floor entry or otherwise by lift.
There are currently three vacancies at Benjamin Court:
- Two vacancies sharing a currently unoccupied two-bedroom unit on the upstairs floor.
- One vacancy sharing with a female participant in a two-bedroom unit on the downstairs floor.
COMING SOON – new SIL units
Six purpose-built SIL units are currently under construction and will be available soon.
- Each unit has two bedrooms and common kitchen, dining, and lounge areas.
- Each bedroom has its own private bathroom.
- Modern amenities will enhance comfort and accessibility.
- Includes a dedicated living area for support staff to stay overnight.
- The units have a communal area including shared laundry.
Enquire now to express your interest for this upcoming availability in Risdon Vale.